Sixteen of Yorkshire and the Humber’s leading forces-friendly organisations are to be honoured by the region’s four Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenants at a ceremony hosted by the RFCA this week.
The organisations which include commercial companies, NHS bodies and a local authority, are all winners of the prestigious Silver Award under the Government’s Employer Recognition Scheme.
They will be presented with their awards in an event whose significance is marked by the attendance of all four of the region’s Lord-Lieutenants as well as civic and military leaders.
Defence Employer Recognition Scheme
East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s veterans champion said: “We are immensely proud to be recognised by the Ministry of Defence for our commitment to support members of the Armed Forces through the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme Silver Award.
“We are determined to continue building our support and making a positive impact for our veterans, reservists and forces both within the Council and across the East Riding.”
Silver Award winners
The employers to be recognised are:
- 1st Security Solutions, Doncaster
- A&E Harmonious Compliance Training, Richmond
- Aspen Security Ltd, trading as Phoenix Security, Keighley
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- Fuel Storage Solutions, Bradford
- GNR Training, Swinton, Mexborough
- Green Task Force, Hull
- Marie Church Cognitive Behavioural Services, Richmond
- Nexus Works Ltd, Doncaster
- NHS Hull Clinical Commissioning Group
- Phillips 66 Humber Refinery, Immingham
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Squarcle Consulting Ltd, Liversedge.
- Veterans Woodcraft CIC, Richmond
- White Horse Cleaning Services Ltd, Thirsk
- Yorwaste Ltd, Northallerton.