The RFCA was created to help the cadet and reserve forces as well as the wider military family to thrive across Yorkshire and the Humber.
We are a membership organisation and our members play a central role in helping us build relationships and forge understanding between the military and local communities.
Our members come from a broad range of backgrounds and include former service people from all three services and the cadets, as well as representatives from local authorities, business, trade unions and industry.
Each of them contributes specialist knowledge and networks that strengthen and guide our work within the region.
How we support our military
We provide support in a number of key ways:
- We help recruit and train cadet force adult volunteers.
- We look after the buildings that are home to our cadets and reserves.
- We encourage employers to be forces-friendly.
- We represent reserves and cadets at a political level.
- We provide a link between all three services and local communities.
Our chief executive is responsible for delivering our routine organisational outputs with the support of the heads of the finance, estates and engagements teams.
The RFCA’s board and its sub-commitees provide oversight, with the finance sub-committee briefed monthly by the executive team, playing a key decision-making role.