Reserves Day 2017 provides an opportunity for the whole of the UK to celebrate our Reserve Forces, and for Reservists to show pride in their service.
Reserves Day aims to increase recognition and awareness of the Reserve Forces and Cadet Force Adult Volunteers (CFAV) in order to support recruitment, retention and the development of a motivated force.
This year, Reserves Day will take place on Wednesday 21st June. Reserves Day is now not only a chance for the UK’s thousands of Reservists & CFAV to show their commitment, it is also an opportunity for the hundreds of employers across the country to recognise their Reservist & CFAV employees.
By encouraging employees’ Reserve service, businesses and organisations are contributing to the defence and security of the UK.
And by taking part in Reserves Day 2017, businesses are encouraging discussion and activities throughout the day that increase understanding of Reservists & CFAV experiences.
Here are our Top 5 ‘Ways to support Reserves Day 2017’:
1. Encourage reservist employees to wear military uniform to work on 21st June.
2. Hold a lunchtime talk, for your Reservist employees to speak to colleagues about their experience as a Reservist.
3. Organise a Royal Navy, Army or Royal Air Force workplace talk to help employees better understand the reservists
4. Share your support on social media using #ReservesDay and #SaluteOurForces
5. Promote your events. We can feature your event on our social media, just send the details to [email protected]
For more information visit the Reserves Day website.