Reserves Day 2020 provides an opportunity for the whole of the UK to celebrate our Reserve Forces, and for Reservists to show pride in their service.
More than 32,000 Reservists are committing their spare time, balancing their day jobs and family life with a military career, to be ready to serve should their country need them. Over 2,400 of these Reservists are based in Yorkshire and the Humber.
The contribution reservists make to our Armed Forces often goes unrecognised. As such an annual Reserves Day was created to highlight and recognise the valuable contribution Reservists make to our Armed Forces
This year, Reserves Day will take place on Wednesday 24th June, part of Armed Forces Week. In normal circumstances, there would be many events planned to celebrate this day. Due to COVID-19, many of the public events have been cancelled but there are still ways to celebrate the contribution of Reserves.
Even in these times when many of us are working remotely, there are many different ways you and your company can get involved in Reserves Day and Armed Forces Week, here are a few examples to get you started:
- Sign the Armed Forces Covenant: if your business is not already signed up, this is the most effective support you can offer our Defence personnel, and gain access to skilled, trained personnel.
- Follow RFCA YH on social media for videos and stories you can share.
- Show your support on social media using #ReservesDay;
- Post a photo of yourself or your team saluting with the hashtag #SaluteOurForces.
- Share or write an article about the Reserve Forces with local media, especially those in your business.
- Fundraise for a military charity: most charities have on-line donation links which you can share.
To create your own resources, you can access Reserves Day logos and official photography here.
No matter what you do we’d love to hear all about it, share your stories and pictures of Reserves Day with us at [email protected]
For more information visit the Reserves Day website.